Fertilization & Weed Control for lawns
Every lawn needs regular care and attention to stay resilient and grow healthy. Most homeowners mow their lawns regularly and install sprinkler systems to ensure they get the right amount of water to survive. But grass needs more than that to stay healthy, fight weed growth, and thrive.
It's where the expertise of proven lawn care professionals like us comes in. We at JT Services Lawn Care, LLC are a leading company in this industry. If you need professional and affordable lawn fertilization services, you are in the right place.
We offer tailored solutions and ensure that our residential and commercial clients in New Albany, Blacklick, Gahanna and Westerville get high-grade services that suit their needs. Our team completes every efficiently and professionally.
While every landscape has specific needs, certain services are standard across all types of landscapes. We have been in this industry for over 16 years. In this time, our team has handled scores of landscape and lawn maintenance jobs.
They know what it takes to provide customized services, so your lawn stays healthy and attractive at all times. The specialized fertilization and weed control program we follow includes a range of applications and treatments, such as:
- The end of March to Mid April we apply a Crabgrass Preventer with Fertilizer. Crabgrass is an annual plant, meaning it starts over from seed every year. Crabgrass Preventer is designed to prevent seeds from germinating. This affects most seeds, which will also help control other weeds
- In May a Broad-Leaf Weed Killer W/Fertilizer is applied to your lawn. Broadleaf weeds are dandelions, lawn ivy, thistle and hundreds of other plants with non-grass like leaf structure. This application must be done when the grass is wet. The dry chemical used to kill these weeds must stick to the leaves to work. It also must be allowed to stay on them for at least 6 hours. Timing is critical.
- The Broad-Leaf Weed Killer W/Fertilizer is also applied in early July and September. The July application can be the most dangerous application because the fertilizer should not be allowed to sit on the grass for more than 72 hours. If it is left longer than three days, it can kill the grass by burning it.
- In 2005, lawns that were not on irrigation systems or being watered regularly should not have been fertilized. If we have similar conditions as that year, you will be contacted by us to work out the best solution for your lawn. In some cases omitting this application is best and you will not be charged for it.
- In mid-November to early December we apply a High Nitrogen Fertilizer. Nitrogen is the primary food source for grass and helps it get ready for going dormant over the winter. In most cases, we do not use a weed killer in this application because the first frost will kill most weeds. The smaller amount of chemicals we apply is better for you and the environment.
JT Services is committed to providing you with all of your lawn care needs. Timing can be everything with Fertilizer and Weed Control Programs, and we will work with you to communicate any extra-care needs for your lawn.
Cost-Effective Lawn Fertilization Programs
We make sure that you have complete details of how we handle the work, and our team completes the job efficiently, to industry standards. We use organic fertilizers and weed control products in our work, and that helps maintain the health of your turf.
For any more information about our commercial and residential lawn fertilization solutions, feel free to contact our team and discuss your requirements. We make sure that the fertilization services are in line with the other lawn care services you need. You can call us on this number - 614-284-0407, or send us your queries and requests via this Online Form.